Action Alert: Support the Homegrown Freedom Act
On Tuesday, March 18th at 2:00 pm the Arizona House Government Committee will be conducting a hearing on SB1151 (the Homegrown Freedom Act). This bill has already passed the Arizona Senate 29-1 and we need to keep the momentum going in the house.
SB1151 will protect private property rights and allows homeowners to raise chickens, quail and other fowl in their backyards with minimal restrictions. This bill is especially important for cities where current restrictions make it illegal to raise chickens on most normal sized lots.
Please contact members of the House Government Committee and urge them to support SB1151.
YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED NOW. It doesn’t matter where you live, take these actions today.
1. Contact the Committee Chairmen and thank them for scheduling the bill in his committee.
Mrs. Ugenti, Chairman (R) – (602) 926-4480
Mr. Petersen, Vice-Chairman (R) – (602) 926-4136
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on SB1151. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days. If you get their voice-mail, leave a message. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
Mr. Borrelli (R) – (602) 926-5051
Mr. Clinco (D) – (602) 926-4089
Mr. Coleman (R) – (602) 926-3160
Mr. Forese (R) – (602) 926-5168
Ms. Hernández (D) – (602) 926-3376
Mr. Kavanagh (R) – (602) 926-5170
Mr. Quezada (D) – (602) 926-5911
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – tomorrow morning. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us with any information you receive.
4. Write a letter to the editor Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for SB1151.
5. Report Back. Tell us how your actions went. Click the button below
Adam Henriksen [send him email] is the state chapter coordinator for the Arizona Tenth Amendment Center. Originally from Georgia, Adam has lived in Arizona for 15 years and has been with the Tenth Amendment Center since 2012.
If you enjoyed this post:
Click Here to Get the Free Tenth Amendment Center Newsletter,